New section on my site & Fluttershy progress

I added a section for Tutorials under the “Other” menu item. I made a tutorial about how I added casters to my banquet table so I thought I’d give it a home on my site. I also have a tutorial for making risers for My Little Ponies but it’s not in image format yet. I originally posted it on MLP Arena so it’s still around. Maybe after I’m done with Fluttershy I’ll get that tutorial on here as well.

I worked part of Thursday and nearly all of yesterday on my Fluttershy dress. I’m happy to report it’s going well! I still have a lot to do though so I’m going to try to make this quick so I can get back to it. My shoes showed up Thursday and I couldn’t resist putting the stockings on to see how they looked together. The color matches my dress fabric exceptionally well and they seem to fit so I guess the shoes are a success. I would have liked something a bit more visually interesting but that’s what I get for waiting until the last minute.

Side note, I also got up this morning to watch the premier of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal and it was fantastic! I’ll have to watch it again later today, I got teary-eyed or overly excited at certain parts and probably missed stuff lol. I really hope the show makes it all the way to Stars, it seems like it’s being handled very well. I wonder if the people working on it were Sailor Moon fans back in the day? They weren’t kidding when they said it would be closer to the manga, they went panel by panel at some points. The only bad thing is we have to wait another two weeks for the next episode T_T

fluttershoes1

Craft room fix

I spent nearly the entire day rearranging my craft room. I think it was worth it. Now there’s a big open space in the middle with nothing but the table I do my cutting and such on. It’s a 72″ buffet table that I’ve used for years. Today I added casters to it. Now I can roll it where I need it and I have the added benefit of it being a little taller. Crouching over it to cut pattern pieces should be a little less painful now.

I also added about 15 more patterns to the pattern index. I’ve almost finished 3 boxes now. Yay!

Catastrophe and patterns

I’ve added to my Pattern Index but I’m still not even a third of the way through them. I think I might be the tiniest bit addicted to patterns. I scanned another box of them in but I still need to edit them before I can upload. My momentum was messed up this weekend when our well pump went out. We’re currently having to go to relatives’ houses to do all our washing and showering so that pretty much throws our days out of whack.

More boring site updates

I mostly tweaked existing pages but I did make new pages for the Galleries, Links and Other pages. They should now work on mobile devices. I tweaked the banner a little adding better text. I’d like to have a few banners that cycle through when a new link is clicked on but I didn’t get to that today. I did go through and fix the Costume Links page. It’s all pretty now with links at the top of the page that jump to whatever section you select.

More costumes added

I added my Sailor Moon and Serena costumes to the costume page tonight. I could probably go back and refine the writeup on them but I’ll leave that for another day. Last night I found a nice backdrop for photographs, now I’m just looking for lighting and a background stand. Hopefully I can finally have some decent pictures of my costumes.

More site work

I spruced up the contact page by adding a form by which to email me. The usual links to my accounts on other sites are still there below the form. I may add more sites but other than that the contact page is done. I started on the costume links page but it’s far from finished. I’ve found a ton of dead links already and removed them. I finished my Artwork page. I noticed my drop-down menus don’t work on my iPad when the top button doesn’t link to a page. To fix this I guess I’ll make pages for Galleries and Links as another way to access the sub-pages.

Links pages converted

I converted my MLP, BJD and MISC. links pages to the new site design. I checked all the links and deleted the dead ones. The costuming links will have to wait for another day, it’s bedtime. I also fixed up the page for my Amalthea costume, the link is accessible in the Costumes section.